Tuesday, May 27, 2008

BL Streak Continues

Yesterday, I was very eager to pour concrete on my slab that's been waiting for days now. I asked the batching plant to mobilize the pumpcrete on their first hour of work so I could finish early only to find out that they are doing some repairs. (1) Damn!

It was past lunchtime when I was told that the pumpcrete repair is done and they immediately mobilized the pumpcrete to our site. Immediately, I ordered 51cum of concrete. Suddenly, I heard my capataz radioed our EIC (equipment-in-charge) to pull off or repair the Skid Loader which happened to broke down in the middle of the road where the mixers should pass through. (2) Damn!

It was not until the second mixer arrived when the skid loader was fixed. The process continued without flaw and so we left it for our leadman to handle. Me and my capataz went to attend the staff meeting. When the 51st cum was delivered, batching plant called us and asked if we are going to order another load. Being away from the area being poured, I just asked my capataz for the status of the on-going pouring and from there I based my last load of concrete. At first, I told him to order 4cum more then he radioed, "isang load pa". Whoah!!! Wait!!! 1 more load means 6-7cum of concrete and I only need 4cum. I asked my capataz the status and he said that there is 1 and a half span still to be poured so I told him to proceed with our last load.

After the meeting, I hurriedly went to the area and to my surprise the whole slab area is completely poured plus 2 out of 6 columns were also poured. I immediately computed for the remaining volume of concrete to be poured and found out that I only need around 3.5cum. I still have 1 load of 7cum. Where should I pour the remaining 3.5cum? (3) Damn!

Note: 1cum of concrete costs around 5k - 5.5k. If I wont be able to find an area for my concrete to be used I'd be wasting more or less 16k pesos. Shit!!! I might get fired if they find out. Anyways, I was able to put it somewhere, not really intended for it but at least I salvaged some value from that concrete and not just put it to waste. Where? Secret!!!

Today, I am about to pour another slab area. Early morning I texted the PIC of batching plant only to find out again, that the pumpcrete is being repaired. (4) Damn!!! I guessed I was kind of luckier yesterday than I was today since I was still able to pour unlike now where I just sat down on a chair, write nonsense and endless blogs.

I also think that this day is worse since my stomach is worse than it was yesterday.

I hope tomorrow's gonna be fine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

everything will be fine.next week i'll be fine too. at last!