Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Poker and Tong-Its - The Aftermath

I didn't know what time it was when we finish playing poker. I thought it was still early cause I am not yet sleepy that time nor are the other players. Maybe I was just hyped by my win streaks (Hahaha!) that is why I have no sense of time.

Suddenly while playing Tong-Its I felt a rumbling in my stomach. Man, I was hungry. And so I asked them if they want to eat. If they want to go out to eat. All of them answered "gabi na pare". Ha? I wondered? What time is it, I asked. One answered, its already past 2:00am. Wah!!! I couldn't believe it. I felt as if it was only 10:00PM. In disbelief, I grab my phone and look for the time myself. Wah!!! Its true. I think it was about 2:15am that time. Ronie suggested that we just finish the game and eat at Andok's. The game won't be finished until 1 player wins consecutively. No one wants to give it just like that and so the game stiffened up. The winner changes everytime. And the winner doesn't even have the chance of winning consecutively because there are times when the winner's hand is unplayable, no chance of winning or just simply the other player's hands is just so good. It took us 40 minutes to finish the game and maybe about 5 or 6 more rounds. We finish some monutes before 3:00am.

And so we go to Andoks to eat our favorite. Sizzling Sisig - you should try it, it's really good. I am not sure If Andok's in manila serves the same sisig but here in Bora. its the best.

We ordered two sisig, courtesy of the mega winners - me and Ronie. Both of us contributed 150pesos. And the excess was payed by mac and lennart. Henry did not join us. He stayed home to sleep or do something else - I do not know.

Sisig takes about 10 to minutes to cook but I think that we've waited longer. Mac is so hungry that he started eating his rice without the sisig. Then our order came!!! We are very eager to start eating when we noticed that the waiter only served one order of sisig. We asked the lady cashier where is the other order and so she asked their cook. To her surprise and our demise, their cook only prepared one order. And so we waited for several minutes more. Wah!!! We're so Bitin.

We finished eating at around 3:30am and arrived home 10 minutes before 4:00am. It was a Monday and we have work in less than 3 hrs. All of us went to sleep trying to have as much as 2hrs of sleep.

We have to wake up at 6:00am (latest) so we could attend the daily toolbox meeting. I woke up at around that time, but my head aches - side effects of lack of sleep. I look at the others and they are still sleeping. Only henry was awake and even he was late. I got up at around 6:30am - the time our toolbox meeting starts. When I went outside the room, I saw Henry. He was still there already prepared to go to site. I am not. I just took my toothbrush and brushed my teeth. Wash my face. Went back to my room. And wore my pants and uniform. Yes, that day I did not took a bath (the whole day I didn't because I was so busy at work that it was already 8:00pm i finished working - no more time to take a bath).

All of us (young engineers) was not able to attend the toolbox meeting and so our PIC was disappointed that it became the topic of the Staff Meeting the afternoon of that same day. We are really ashamed of what happened. Hahaha!!! But does not regret any of it.

I think that I still have the side effects of that forgetable night. I am very sleepy as of the moment while I am writing this blog. Hahaha!!! I hope that we finish early in our concrete pouring so I can go home early and rest.

By the way, I still am not able to attend toolbox meeting since that day. Hahaha!!!

No comments: