Saturday, May 31, 2008

Still A Pistons Fan

I just dont like the idea of switching teams, being a fan of this one then the other one the next year because thier better and your team lost, then choose again another when there is another team who is much better. I like the idea of sticking just to one team. It will feel more exciting to really be a fan of a team for a long time and then they won it all. It would be as if you really are a part of them i guessed. Kind of like the idea of those Ginebra Fans - some even since birth.

I was a fan of the Portland TrailBlazers when I became a true NBA fan. That team was composed of Arvydas Sabonis, Scottie Pippen, Rasheed Wallace (now Detroit), Steve Smith, Damon Stoudamire, Detlef Schremf (not sure bout the spelling), Brian Grant, etc. I really like that team. I think it was 1999 - 2001.

Then I became a fan of the Mighty but Fragile Sacramento Kings from 2001 - 2004. That team composed of Chris Webber, Vlade Divac, Peja Stojakovic, Dough Christie and Mike Bibby with Bobby Jackson, etc

I really like those team until they broke up.

Now I have been a fan of the Detroit Pistons since 2004 when they became NBA champions. I like sheed (Wallace) at that time and really hate Shaq that is why I rooted for them in the NBA Finals against the LAkers. Hate Shaq until now - ruined Phoenix.

Since that NBA Finals I have liked the Pistons. They haven't change much of their lineup since then. Only Ben Wallace is not with them today. Their core is intact. So as long as not much change be made, I remain a Pistons fan. They may have their revamp. They might have major overhaul. I'll wait for it and see then I'll decide if I'll stay or if I'll go - to where I do not know that is why it is more likely that I'll be loyal.

Keeping Flip or Flipping? I like Flip, he has carried this pistons to three conference finals appearance - only to lose. Kind of disappointing. That is why his job is in jeopardy. I'll just wait what will happen. What Joe Dumars (the man) will do. If Flip stays I'll be happy. If he goes I bid him goodluck and thanks and hope his replacement would surpass his underachievements.

The Core? Keep Rip, Tayshaun, - they'll be there for quite some time. Billups is good. Keep him maybe, can be traded if there is a great deal. But most likely keep him. Rasheed - still good but should have someone to replace him in the rotation, maybe someone who is younger, stronger. Not sure if he should still start. Keep him. McDyess, keep him. Very good role player. Have someone replace him in the starting lineup. Much better off the bench.

The Bench? Untouchables: Rodney Stuckey - up and coming. Jason Maxielle - heck of a player.

Team must have? True Center. Sheed is a power forward. McDyess is PF - great off the bench. Three Point Threat. Someone who has a lot of energy - Energizer. Someone to give them boost when having droughts. Someone like Manu. Great Young Guys - someone to continue the legacy.

Who Should be Kept? Joe Dumars is a lock. He should be there for decades. He is a hell of a general manager / president of BO.

No comments: