Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Poker and Tong-Its Plus some Illusions

We are so bored here in Boracay that when we have long hours of doing nothing, just like last weekend, we resort to gambling. Yup! Its gambling. We play poker and tong-its and since it involves money as bet and pot it will be considered as gambling. But dont worry we are only small time gamblers just paying 1,2,3 peso for tong-its and having a 10peso limit for a bet for poker. Kind of not like a poker but some other game. Well anyways the rule is still the same except that the betting has limits so it still is Poker. We enforced limits because there was an incident one time when we imposed no limits and the pot reach upto more than a thousand and in that game I lost 500pesos. Whooh!!! But even if we are just small time gamblers, some of us still lost upto 500pesos in just 1 sitting. Wahaha!!!

So last saturday, it was pre-arranged that we are going to play some cards after work since we have no other things to do. We cant go out because of the bad weather. We decided to also have some drinks. Something unusual and not just resort to San Mig Lights. So we asked our friend Ate Stella to make some Illusion Shakers for us. We contributed 100 pesos for each person and macmac added some more for pulutans and the liquors to be mixed.

The Mix: I dont know about the ratio of the mix. I only knew what brand of liquors she used. they bought 1 or two (not sure) bottles of Toska Vodka, 1 bottle of Blue Curacao, 1 bottle of Triple Sec (also Curacao) and some pineapple juice.




And so we have our Illusion shaker. We are already playing poker (all five of us) when the mix was done. And so we have 1 pitcher first. it was my first time to drink that. I think it was only Henry and Ronie who have already tasted it at a bar near us (expensive). Since Henry was always our card dealer when we play poker, I decided to be the Tanggero (sort of like the one who gives shots to everyone).

Wooh!!! I think it was kind of like my lucky day because money is piling up in front of me because I am winning. Winning at most 5 (maybe 6) straight times and doing it not only once but several times.

Lennart on the other hand is not really used to drinking, and for him it seems that the cycle of giving shots is very fast. He feels as if he just took a shot and then it was his turn once more. Well, it is only 5 of us and we are really fast in drinking it since is only a small shot glss and that it is not that intoxicating. But not really that fast since I take breaks in giving shots if my cards are good and want to concentrate on playing. Also, Lennart is even hiding the shot glass after his turn so it is not really that fast.

When we emptied the pitcher, I thought like "Yun na yun!". But I was kind of getting dizzy at that time since I was the tanggero and always needs to turn my heads in a lot of directions. Lennart is also complaining that he had enough. I thought that we are done. But to my surprise, they asked for more. Nyak!!! I asked ate stella if there are still some mix and she told me there are a lot more. So she made some more for us and when we finished our second pitcher. Man, we're all drunk. Drunk but tolerable unlike when you finished 5 to 8 bottles of beer but still we all know that the foams laying on our floor is our only friend.

It was not yet that late, I think it was just past 10pm when we finish but all of us are so sleepy. I was kind of satisfied for the night. Drunk and rich (I won about less than 300pesos - should have been more had we not played tong-its because I was unable to make a Hits).

And So we slept.

To be continued...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.altmedschool.com/]alternative medicine institute India[/url]
[url=http://www.altmedschool.com/]alternative medicine practitioner[/url]
[url=http://www.altmedschool.com/]alternative medicine practitioner[/url]
[url=http://altmededu.com/]alternative medicine courses India[/url]

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.altmedschool.com/]alternative medicine distance education[/url]
[url=http://altmedschool.com/]college for alternative medicine[/url]
[url=http://altmededu.com/]school of alternative medicine[/url]
[url=http://altmededu.com/]alternative medicine Kolkata[/url]