Saturday, May 31, 2008

SAD - Dream Matchup

Super
Asar
Detroit

Detroit Pistons just got eliminated in the NBA playoffs to the eventual eastern conference champs Boston Celtics - who will face the LA Lakers, the werstern conference champs.

It was kind of like a dream match up of the two squads who have been rivals in the 1980's. It will surely be phenomenal.

The loss wasn't really that much disappointing. The Celtics have been favored to win the NBA title from DAY 1 - from the acquisition of Kevin Garnett. It's just that the pistons are once again in that position but just cant finish.

I think it will still be fun. I also liked the celtics - a lot of people do. I like Kevin Garnett even in his days in Minneapolis. I like Ray Allen - the sweetest shooter in the league for years now since the departure of Reggie Miller. I dont like Paul Pierce back then when he was the lone star of Boston - he is a ball hagger, trigger happy. I like him now though. I liked how he changed his game. I like now the way he shares the ball. He is I think Mr. Celtics right now. I like Boston Celtics as a whole - their lineup.

The Enemy: LA Lakers
Kobe Bryant. LA is Kobe. Kobe is LA. Nobody would disagree, I guess. Kobe is Kobe. He is the man. This is his team. What more can I say - a lot more. I think that it really is his team now. He has somehow became their leader and not just their superstar. Back then it was a debate of who's team it is. Shaq's or Kobe's. I think it was LA's. Nobody should own the Lakers except Dr. Buss and the people of LA. No, really. What I am trying to emphasize is that Kobe is the leader of this team. Without him the team cant win the NBA Finals. They might not even be in the playoffs by the way. Now that he has a lot of support - super support from the likes of Pau Gasol, Lamar Odom, Derek Fisher and the rest of the guys. I think they could win it all. I also like kobe. I just hated shaq back then (and always) that is why I did not become a fan of the lakers. Now I like the lakers.

Boston or LA?

I like both teams. Both teams have their stars. Both have talent. Both have depth. Both is hungry for a championship. Both is aggressive.

I want to take the side of the celtics because I have been their fan since Day 1 (its just that I want to be loyal to the pistons of which I have been a fan of since 2004 when they beat LA in the Finals) and they are the ones who beat Detroit. It is a rule among players to root for the team who beats you and pray that they win it all so could say - the champs are the ones who beat us.

But after thinking for sometime, I decided to take no sides. I'll just watch and enjoy the game. I am a Pistons fan - until their core disband but until then I'll be loyal.

No body knows who will win it all. I like the idea of both winning the title.

Kobe and Derek Fisher of LA already won it thrice. James Posey of the Celtics won it once - with the Heat. The other player is Cassel - with Houston when he was a rookie.

Maybe they'll continue this rivalry until the end of this decade. I hope not - Go Pistons Go.

No comments: