Saturday, May 31, 2008

Still Sick

Today is saturday - almost 5:00PM. Way beyond the working hours (no overtime on saturday - working hrs from 7:00am - 4:00pm only). I am still here at the office. Working. Not quite but still I am here. I should have been in bed by now. Resting. Relaxing.

I am still sick. Its been three days that I have been like this. I have dry cough and also feeling a little hot - as in having a fever. But I am still here. Waiting for my last concrete pouring. There should have been none - it should have been stopped earlier because the workers no longer want to continue, too tired. So am I. But my boss doesn't want to. He has a point. I understand that if we're not going to continue today, we will be delayed in our schedule.

I think my streak of BL is starting once again. The pumpcrete have another problem while I was pouring on slab. Luckily I was able to finish that area. It must have been a disaster had I not. But the pumpcrete can no longer transfer location and needs to go back to the batching plant for repairs, so I was left with my colmuns not poured.

We explained it to our boss but he still wants us to continue. He said that we could use the crane. We could, but our workers doesn't want to continue. I asked my capataz to persuade his workers, after much negotiation they agreed. But, our EIC (Equipment-In-Charge) told me that the crane cant operate in that area because there were many obstructions.

Now, I just want to pour on to the main entrance slab and finish it as quickly as possible. The mixer is not yet on site. Still have to wait a little longer.

I want to have a good rest now. I am the one assigned to work tomorrow and I really need that rest. whoo...

No comments: